Official Contest Rules
Last updated: March 9, 2021
THE INDIVIDUAL CONTESTS ARE SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN ANY CONTEST.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO, AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
Please read these Official Rules carefully. These Official Rules (the “Rules”), together with the Individual Contest Posts described below, govern your participation in any individual contest (“Individual Contest”) offered by Guin Records, LLC (“Guin” or “Sponsor”) as a part of Guin’s Open Verse Challenge (the “Challenge”). Each Individual Contest will feature a different track (the “Track”) created by a featured artist (“Featured Artist”) for which contestants must create a new verse. The details for each Individual Contest can be found on the Individual Contest post posted to Guin’s Instagram account (@Guin) (“Individual Contest Post”). Participation in any Individual Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules, and any additional terms found in the applicable Individual Contest Post. By participating, you also agree to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest judges selected by the Contest Sponsor which are final in all respects.
1. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored and administered by Guin Records, LLC (“Sponsor”), headquartered at 1424 4th St Ste 214 PMB 2615 Santa Monica, CA 90401
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN: To enter and compete to win the prizes described in section 11 below, you must create a verse using the Featured Artist Track made available in the Individual Contest Post (an “Entry”). Entries must be in either video or audio form and submitted as an Instagram post using the hashtag(s) identified in the Individual Contest Post.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Each Individual Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. The Individual Contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. The employees, independent contractors, officers, agents and directors of Sponsor and any lending company or other company owned or controlled by the Featured Artist, and such parties’ corporate parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (together with Sponsor and Featured Artist, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in any Individual Contest. You may only enter once per Individual Contest and each contestant is only eligible for one prize per Individual Contest. To be eligible for a prize, a contestant must comply with all provisions of these Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to require evidence of such compliance. Sponsor reserves the right to evaluate each Entry’s eligibility under the Rules as well as for compliance with the U.S. Copyright Act and any and all other applicable laws. All of Sponsor’s decisions and the decisions of the Individual Contest judges appointed by Sponsor will be final. Entries may be disqualified from the Individual Contests at Sponsors’ discretion.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: You may enter the Individual Contests by submitting an Entry via a non-private Instagram post using the hashtag(s) identified in the Individual Contest Post during the Entry Period stated on the Individual Contest Post (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official time keeping device for the Individual Contests. Limit one (1) Entry per person.
5. RULES: As provided in greater detail in these Rules (and without limiting the express language of these Rules), you acknowledge the following:
Apart from Featured Artist Tracks provided by Sponsor and/or Featured Artist, you may not use any third party’s content in your Entry unless you have the express permission of that third party to do so or the additional content is in the public domain.
Entries are defined as a track created using the Featured Artist track submitted in video or audio format as a non-private Instagram post using the hashtag(s) identified in the Individual Contest Post during the Entry Period.
The Winners, if U.S. residents, may be issued an IRS Form 1099 in the amount of the actual retail value of the prize and must provide Sponsor with an IRS Form W-9 (including his/her valid Social Security Number or Taxpayer ID) for tax reporting purposes.
As a condition of winning a prize, each Winner must also execute any affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release that Sponsor or Featured Artist may require.
In addition, the first place Winner may also be required to execute a commercial agreement on terms prepared by, or on behalf of, the Featured Artist relating to the commercial release of the Track, with the Entry included, as a condition of winning the prizes. For the sake of clarity, you agree that you are not promised a commercial release of any Track and/or your Entry.
6. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: You must have the Instagram application in order to participate. Instagram is free to download. Your Instagram account must be set to public during the Entry Period. Instructions for entering the Individual Contests are as follows:
Follow Sponsor on Instagram (@Guin) and then create an original verse for the Featured Artist Track, available on the Individual Contest Post within the Entry Period stated on the Individual Contest Post.
Entries must be in video or audio form.
Entries must be submitted as a non-private Instagram post using the hashtag(s) identified in the Individual Contest Post no later than the entry deadline date and time stated on the applicable Individual Contest Post.
By submitting or posting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry (excluding the Track): is your own original work of authorship or that you have all rights necessary to submit the entry material and to grant the rights to Sponsor and Featured Artist (including any lending company or company owned or controlled by Featured Artist) to use your entry material as set forth in these Rules; does not contain content that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, or intellectual property rights; does not disparage Sponsor, Featured Artist, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of any Individual Contest; does not contain material that is indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, profane, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or that promotes violence, illegal conduct or animal cruelty; does not promote discrimination against or contempt for other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease; and does not contain material that is unlawful in any jurisdiction where the submission is created.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries that Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in violation of the foregoing representations and warranties.
7. LICENSE TO TRACK: Sponsor hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, royalty-free, fully paid up, revocable worldwide right and license (i) to reproduce, publicly perform, distribute, create derivative works of and otherwise use the Track solely for the limited purposes of creating Entries for the Individual Contests in accordance with these Rules, and (ii) to reproduce, publicly perform, transmit and distribute such Entries for your non-commercial purposes (which, for the avoidance of doubt, includes participation in the Individual Contests) solely to or through Instagram in connection with an Individual Contest. Sponsor and its licensors reserve all rights, title and interests in and to the Track that are not granted herein.
8. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRY: Subject to the rights and licenses conveyed in this Section 8, you shall retain sole and exclusive right, title and interest in and to the Entry and all intellectual property rights thereto, excluding the Featured Artist Track. By entering any Individual Contest and creating an Entry you hereby grant to Sponsor and the Featured Artist (including any lending company or company owned or controlled by Featured Artist) and their successors and assigns a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, fully-paid right and license, with the right to sublicense through multiple levels of sublicensees, to all of your intellectual property rights in the Entry, to publicly perform, publicly display, digitally transmit, distribute, copy, modify, create derivative works, and otherwise use the Entry on the Sponsor and Featured Artist’s respective social media accounts and websites without the need for further approval. Except for the uses expressly stated in the foregoing sentence, Sponsor and Featured Artist (including any lending company or company owned or controlled by Featured Artist) will not be permitted to commercially exploit any Entry that is not a winning Entry without your prior express written consent. If your Entry is selected as the winning Entry, you hereby assign all rights, title, and interest in your Entry, including but not limited to, copyrights and all rights of renewal thereof, for all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in all languages, and in perpetuity, all to vest to the Featured Artist immediately after the judges select your Entry as the winning Entry and all to be exercised by Featured Artist as it may choose without restriction and without obligation to make any use thereof whatsoever, and you authorize Featured Artist’s designees and licensees to similarly exercise such rights. You agree to promptly execute and return to Featured Artist any confirmation, license, verification or other document or instrument Featured Artist requests to confirm, further formalize or perfect the rights granted in this paragraph, or any other rights or interests of Featured Artist under these Rules. Sponsor and/or Featured Artist (including any lending company or company owned or controlled by Featured Artist) may modify or edit winning Entries to ensure the audio quality or for any purpose that Sponsor deems necessary or desirable and by entering, the Winners grant Sponsor a fully-paid right and license to make such modifications to their Entries. You hereby unconditionally and irrevocably waive all, and the enforcement of all, moral rights that you may have, if any, in your Entry.
9. LIABILITY: Sponsor and the other Contest Parties will have no liability for any losses, personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of participation in any Individual Contest or any other aspects of any Individual Contest winners’ acceptance or use of any Individual Contest prizes. The Individual Contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You agree to release Instagram, Sponsor and all other Contest Parties from all claims arising out of, or in connection with the Challenge, including the Individual Contests. Any questions, concerns, comments or complaints regarding the Individual Contests or the Challenge should be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
10. JUDGING CRITERIA: A first, second and third place winner (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor for each Individual Contest. The judges will evaluate Entries according to their potential for popular appeal, originality, creativity, and vocal performance. Each criterion will be given equal weight in the judging. All grading decisions are final. Sponsor may disqualify any Entry that is, in Sponsor’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive or demeaning to Sponsor’s reputation or goodwill, or contrary to Sponsor’s mission or these Rules. Once the grading of the Entries is complete, Sponsor will attempt to notify the winners via Instagram direct message. If a winner fails to respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the date of the notification, that winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion and the next highest scoring Entry may be selected as a substitute winner for the prize and notified according to this procedure.
11. PRIZES: For each Individual Contest, Sponsor will award one first place prize, one second place prize and one third place prize. The Winners will be determined by the criteria outlined in Section 10.
First Place Prize: The first place Winner will win one-thousand dollars (US $1,000.00)
Second Place Prize: The second place Winner will win three hundred dollars (US $300.00)
Third Place Prize: The third place Winner will win two hundred dollars (US $200.00)
No alternative prize, or other substitution is permitted except by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, in the event of prize unavailability. All prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or component of any prize package with a prize or component of equal or greater retail value. Prizes are nontransferable. All federal, provincial, state, local, and/or other taxes are the sole responsibility of the
12. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: The Winners of any Individual Contest will be notified of their selection via Instagram direct message on or about the date stated in the Individual Contest Post.
13. INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE: By submitting an Entry, you agree to indemnify and hold the Contest Parties harmless from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorney’s fees, court costs and expert’s fees) arising out of or relating to any breach by you of the terms and conditions of these Rules, including any representations and warranties. You further agree to release the Contest Parties from all claims arising out of (a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (b) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Individual Contests to be disrupted or corrupted; (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Individual Contests or the Challenge; and (d) any other losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or resulting from participation in the Individual Contests or acceptance or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, intellectual property rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
14. GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel any Individual Contest at any time if a force majeure event, computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of such Individual Contest. Sponsor may revise these Rules at any time in its sole discretion by posting an updated version. Any Rules changes will be effective upon posting, and your continued participation in any Individual Contest after a change to these Rules constitutes your binding acceptance of these Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with each Individual Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action arising out of or related to the Individual Contests or these Rules will be either the state or federal courts in the County of Los Angeles, State of California, and you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts for purposes of litigating any such actions. The Contest Parties, other than Sponsor, are express third-party beneficiaries of this Section 13 of these Rules.
15. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law or regulation, by submitting an Entry, contestant grants the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use his/her name, photograph, voice, and likeness in connection with the promotion of the Sponsor, the Challenge and this and other contests.
Winners may be required to complete, sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and a publicity release, which must be returned, properly executed, within three (3) days of issuance of prize notification. If these documents are not returned properly executed, or are returned to Sponsor as undeliverable, or if any given prize winner does not otherwise comply with the Rules, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to a substitute winner.
17. WINNERS LIST/RULES AND MORE INFORMATION: A copy of these Rules and the names of the Winners may be obtained by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Voter Sweepstakes Rules
Last updated: March 9, 2021
BY ENTERING ANY VOTERS SWEEPSTAKES IN CONNECTION WITH GUIN’S OPEN VERSE CHALLENGE, YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO, AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ALL JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE STATED ABOVE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
In Connection with each contest (“Individual Contest”) held in connection with Guin Records, LLC’s Open Verse Challenge (the “Challenge”), Guin will be sponsoring a series of related Voters Sweepstakes (each, “Individual Sweepstakes,” collectively, the “Sweepstakes”). Eligible individuals can enter each Individual Sweepstakes by voting for their favorite entry in the corresponding Individual Contest in accordance with Section 6 below. The details for each Individual Sweepstakes can be found on the Individual Sweepstakes post posted to Guin’s Instagram account (@[INSERT INSTGRAM ACCOUNT]) (“Individual Sweepstakes Post”). Participation in any Individual Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Voters Sweepstakes Rules (the “Rules”), and any additional terms found in the Individual Sweepstakes Post. By participating, you also agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects.
INTRODUCTION: Three winners per Individual Sweepstakes will be chosen at random to receive fifty dollars (US$50.00) each.
2. SPONSOR: Guin Records, LLC, 1424 4th St Ste 214 PMB 2615 Santa Monica, CA 90401 (“Sponsor” or “Guin”)
3. TIMING: Each Individual Sweepstakes will run for the Entry Period stated on the Individual Sweepstakes Post (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for each Individual Sweepstakes.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Each Individual Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. You must have the Instagram application in order to participate. Instagram is free to download. Your Instagram account must be set to public during the Entry Period. Only one entry is permitted per person per Individual Sweepstakes. If a person enters more than once, their additional entries will be eliminated. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, contractors, and representatives of Sponsor and any lending company or other company owned or controlled by the artist featured in the Individual Contest, and their respective corporate parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, and any other entity or individual involved in the development or administration of each Individual Sweepstakes or the Individual Contests (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as the immediate family (defined as spouse, parents, children, siblings grandparents, and “steps” of each) and household members of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win the Individual Sweepstakes.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT OR PROOF OF PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. To enter each Individual Sweepstakes, entrant must visit the Individual Sweepstakes Post and vote in the comments for their favorite entry in the corresponding Individual Contest.
Limit one (1) entry per person per Individual Sweepstakes.
The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the entrant. Any automated receipt does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Rules.
Compliance with the entry requirements will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries that violate, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, these entry requirements will be disqualified from the Individual Sweepstakes.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE: Three (3) winners for each Individual Sweepstake will win fifty dollars (US$50.00) each (the “Prize(s)”).
Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age and residency. The Prize is not transferable, and it must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions will be available, except in the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater financial value if any advertised prize (or any component thereof) becomes unavailable. Prize does not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Rules.
Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, local, or other applicable taxes associated with the acceptance and use of a Prize. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of each winner.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about the winner selection date stated in the Individual Sweepstakes Post, three (3) winners for the Individual Sweepstakes will be selected from all eligible entries received via a random drawing administered electronically at the offices of Sponsor – 1424 4th St Ste 214 PMB 2615 Santa Monica, CA 90401. The winners of any Individual Sweepstakes will be notified of their selection via Instagram direct message on or about the winner selection date stated in the Individual Sweepstakes Post.
Each winner is subject to verification of eligibility, including verification of age and residency.
If a winner (i) is determined to be ineligible or otherwise disqualified by Sponsor or (ii) fails to respond to Sponsor’s selection direct message within forty-eight (48) hours of such direct message, the winner forfeits the Prize in its entirety and a substitute winner will be selected based upon a random drawing from among all other eligible entries received.
If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Individual Sweepstakes, or if a computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties, or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Individual Sweepstakes, and/or the Individual Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Rules, Sweepstakes Entities shall have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to void any entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Individual Sweepstakes, and conduct a random drawing to select the Prize winners from all non-suspect entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law or regulation, by submitting an entry, entrant grants the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use his/her name, photograph, voice, and likeness in connection with the promotion of the Individual Sweepstakes, the other Sweepstakes, and Sponsor.
Winners may be required to complete, sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and a publicity release, which must be returned, properly executed, within three (3) days of issuance of Prize notification. If these documents are not returned properly executed, or are returned to Sponsor as undeliverable, or if any given Prize winner does not otherwise comply with the Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE (I) SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH (A) THE SWEEPSTAKES, (B) THE CHALLENGE, OR (C) ANY PRIZE AWARDED, AND (II) YOUR REMEDIES FOR ANY CLAIMS RELATING THE INDIVIDUAL SWEEPSTAKES OR CHALLENGE ARE LIMITED TO YOUR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES OF PARTICIPATION IN THE INDIVIDUAL SWEEPSTAKES (IF ANY).
By participating in any Individual Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and Instagram from any liability, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) your participation in the Individual Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or nonuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, mobile device, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Individual Sweepstakes, or (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Individual Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, including, without limitation, incorrect, delayed or inaccurate transmission, winner notifications, prize claims or other information or communications relating to the Individual Sweepstakes, or the failure to capture or transmit any such information or any errors in these Rules. In the event of any ambiguity or error(s) in these Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to clarify or modify these Rules however it deems appropriate to correct any such ambiguity or error(s). If due to an error or for any other reason, more legitimate prize claims are received than the number of prizes stated in these Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only three (3) prizes per Individual Sweepstakes from a random drawing from among all eligible entrants. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes (i.e., three (3) prizes per Individual Sweepstakes) be awarded.
The Individual Sweepstakes are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You agree to release Instagram, Sponsor and all other Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of, or in connection with the Challenge, including the Individual Sweepstakes. Any questions, concerns, comments or complaints regarding the Individual Sweepstakes or the Challenge should be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY INDIVIDUAL SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant from any Individual Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes or from winning the prize(s) if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or any Sweepstakes Entities.
11. SPONSOR'S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: Sweepstakes Entities’ failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any provision of these Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. If for any reason any Individual Sweepstakes is not capable of being safely executed as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of war, natural disasters or weather events, labor strikes, acts of terrorism, pandemic infection, or other force majeure event or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of and/or Sweepstakes Entities, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct and fulfillment of any Individual Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Individual Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the termination, cancellation or suspension of the Individual Sweepstakes.
12. DISPUTES AND JURISDICTION: EACH INDIVIDUAL SWEEPSTAKE IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAW PRINCIPLES, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE IN A FEDERAL OR STATE COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN [INSERT COUNTY], CALIFORNIA. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
14. WINNERS LIST/RULES AND MORE INFORMATION: A copy of these Rules and the names of the winners may be obtained by sending an email request to email@example.com.